Monday, October 19, 2009

went in for an MRI today

never had one before
so i wasn't really sure what to expect
the noise startled me
but i pretty much fell asleep after about 15 minutes-
i started to imagine that the sound
was some type of emergency siren
or horn
evacuation
i had to grab everything that was dear to me
so i grabbed my wife
my dog
and my digital files

i had time left
to spare
you see, i didn't have any money to grab
no 401k
no stocks
or bonds
or papers of any kind for that matter
hit hard by this recession
i am almost a "ghost"
as my friend would put it
off the grid
the radar,
evacuation
and all i have besides my wife and dog
are a bunch of fuckin' dvd's
filled with photographs
my art
my joy

m
r
i

Magnetic
Resonance
Imaging

drifting off to sleep
to somewhere else
not better
just different
sometimes
that's all i can really ask for
hope for
a break from this
from myself
my thoughts
my mind
my choices
all of my poor decisions

m
r
i

and just like that it was over,
more abruptly then it all began
and then i walked out of there
back out in to the world , that
i was trying to get away from
and instantly,

i was alone with myself...

No comments: